Chris Brown‘s personal life continues to make complications for the superstar. Earlier this week, his ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran was granted a 5-year restraining order against Brown. However, the case will now bring further repercussions for him.
According to TMZ, the judge in the case has also ordered Brown to attend a 52-week batterer intervention program, where he will learn about preventing domestic violence.
The ruling comes down a day after Karrueche testified in court. She said that Brown beat her and threatened to kill her. She also said he sent her several text messages filled with threats, including “Bitch I will beat the s**t out of you,” and “I promise you I will make your life hell.”
He also reportedly wrote: “I’m not being nice to you no more…If I see you out in public again and I’m there I will make you hate me even more, don’t be anywhere I’m out in public, I’m going to ban you from all events.”
In February, Karrueche filed for the restraining order by saying that Brown punched her in the stomach twice and that he pushed her “down the stairs.” She also said that he told multiple people that he wanted to shoot and kill her.
Brown has had to attend counseling courses like this in the past. Following his conviction in the Rihanna assault case, he attended domestic violence counseling. After violating probation in the same case, he was ordered to attend anger management classes.
On a more positive note, the singer saw the premiere of his long-awaited documentary “Welcome To My Life” sell-out theaters all across the country this month. It will be returning to select theaters by popular-demand on June 21. His new album, Heartbreak on a Full Moon, is expected out later this summer or early fall.
(Photo by Jonathan Leibson/Getty Images)