BEYONCE DON’T PLAY!!!
The Queen teamed up with HBO on Saturday night (April 23) to premiere her brand new visual album ‘LEMONADE,’ and before the 1-hour music-film finished Bey released the full album on TIDAL.
The 12-track project is one of her most candid and emotional to date, with musical influences spanning multiple cultures and genres. The album includes 4 features from the likes of The Weeknd, James Blake, Kendrick Lamar and Jack White, plus production from Diplo, Hit-Boy, Boots, Just Blaze, Mike WiLL Made-It, and more.
Throughout the film, Bey narrated heartfelt and occasionally eery intros for each track. She delivered some of her most avante grade visual performances showing guilt, despair, anger, vulnerability, and love.
She goes New Orleans country on “Daddy Lessons,” which is of course dedicated to her father, singing, “Daddy made a soldier out of me.” She addresses Jay Z’s rumored infidelity and coping with the aftermath.
Beyoncé is clearly a soldier throughout this album, whether over dancehall bounce, trap, horn-heavy soul, or simple piano. She has brought it all, and NOW we will be spending the rest of the evening listening to her testimonial!
See the tracklisting with full credits, and link to stream it below.
01. Pray You Catch Me (Produced by Kevin Garrett and Beyoncé)
02. Hold Up (Produced by Diplo, Beyoncé and Ezra Koenig)
03. Don’t Hurt Yourself feat. Jack White (Produced by Jack White and Beyoncé)
04. Sorry (Produced by Melo-X, Beyoncé and Wynter Gordon)
05. 6 Inch feat. The Weeknd (Produced by DannyBoyStyles, Ben Billions, Beyoncé and Boots)
06. Daddy Lessons (Produced by Beyoncé, Derek Dixie and Alex Delicata)
07. Love Drought (Produced by Mike Dean and Beyoncé)
08. Sandcastles (Produced by Beyoncé and Vincent Berry II)
09. Forward feat. James Blake (Produced by James Blake and Beyoncé)
10. Freedom feat. Kendrick Lamar (Produced by Jonny Coffer, Beyoncé and Just Blaze)
11. All Night (Produced by Diplo and Beyoncé)
12. Formation (Produced by Mike Will Made-It and Beyoncé)