Those of you that have been visiting the site for a few years, or more, should remember our ThisisRnB Radio Podcasts, which basically played through like a mixshow of new tracks, remixes and current singles that we were feeling. We took a break from those mixes for two reasons – time, and to put the focus on our monthly mixtape series “Fresh Radio” with DJ Chris Styles.
Some of you have voiced your interest in us bringing them back and we greatly appreciate your support. While that may still happen, the shift to music streaming services has been sparking our creativity to get more involved in curating playlists, and as we often make them in our personal accounts for our own personal situations and moments, the time has come for us to stake our claim as the R&B authority that we are. It’s 2015 and sounds are different, as they should be, you may or may not enjoy all of today’s styles of R&B, although we hope you at least give it a chance.
So, this brings us to the debut of our first 2015 R&B playlist, created with Spotify (if you don’t have an account you can sign up for free and still listen with minor interruptions). It is aptly titled “TUNED IN: R&B 2015,” for two reasons — the act of literally deciding to press play and listen to something that has been curated for you, and a deeper metaphoric meaning of digesting the current soundscapes of R&B across varying age groups, locations and influences.
The playlist includes 30 tracks, two hours of music, that we are either feeling heavily right now or have been playing often throughout the year.
You can press play below, or save it to your account for later, any feedback is invited. We hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it!
01. Tory Lanez – Say It
02. Bryson Tiller – Don’t
03. Roy Wood$ feat. Drake – Drama
04. The Weeknd – Acquainted
05. The Internet – Girl
06. Janet Jackson feat. J. Cole – No Sleeep
07. Eric Bellinger feat. Tank & Aroc – Turn Down for You
08. Sevyn Streeter feat. Hit Boy – Boomerang
09. Trey Songz feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Loving You
10. Elijah Blake – I Just Wanna…
11. Avery Wilson feat. Migos – Change My Mind
12. Jamie Foxx feat. Wale – Like A Drum
13. Jordin Sparks feat. B.o.B – Work From Home
14. Kehlani feat. Chance The Rapper – The Way
15. Justine Skye feat. Vic Mensa – I’m Yours
16. Bridget Kelly feat. Mack Wilds – Act Like That
17. Trey Songz – About You
18. JR Castro feat. Kid Ink & Quavo (of Migos) – Get Home
19. Eric Bellinger feat. Boosie – You Can Have The Hoes
20. Tink – Million
21. Kyndall – Playing Games
22. Monica feat. Lil Wayne – Just Right For Me
23. Tamar Braxton – If I Don’t Have You
24. Tamia – No Lie
25. Jordin Sparks – They Don’t Give
26. Jazmine Sullivan – Let It Burn
27. Miguel – Waves
28. Elijah Blake – Uno
29. Rico Love – Run From Me
30. Ne-Yo – Religious